January 20, 1932
Teiji Kusano (founder) sets up Shinko Ongaku Shuppansha in Ushigome, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo. In prior years, having come to Tokyo from Shiga Prefecture, Teiji had began career working with his senior brother who was then running a sheet music publisher named Symphony Gakufu Company. Teiji starts his own business, doing sheet music of then current Japanese popular songs.
October 4, 1950
Teiji organizes his enterprises into a music publishing company limited. Two firms were in the group: Shinko Ongaku Shuppansha (Editorial/Production) and Shinko Gakufu Shuppansha (Sales/Distribution). In 1968 Teiji’fs son, Shoichi Kusano (“Shoo” for short) takes over and has remained as CEO of the company until March 31, 2005.
March 1, 1983
Shinko Music Plaza Building is erected at 2-1, Ogawa-machi, Kanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo. At the same time the company name is changed from Shinko Gakufu Shuppansha to Shinko Music Publishing Co., Ltd.
October 1, 2004
The company is renamed to Shinko Music Entertainment Co., Ltd.